1. "I am not afraid of the pen, or the scaffold, or the sword. I will tell the truth wherever I please." Mother Jones
2. "I have never had a vote, and I have raised hell all over this country. You don't need a vote to raise hell! You need convictions and a voice!" Mother Jones
3."If they want to hang me, let them. And on the scaffold I will shout Freedom for the working class!" Mother Jones
4. "My teachers treated me as a diamond in the rough, someone who needed smoothing." Mother Jones
5. "Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living." Mother Jones
6. "Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike." Mother Jones
7. "I'm not a humanitarian, I'm a hell-raiser." Mother Jones
8. "I learned in the early part of my career that labor must bear the cross for others' sins, must be the vicarious sufferer for the wrongs that others do."
9. "I believe that no man who holds a leader's position should ever accept favors from either side. He is then committed to show favors. A leader must stand alone."